DID YOU KNOW?
● It can take over 10,000 litres of water to grow enough cotton to make one t-shirt.
● Half a gallon of gasoline is required to make one brand new extra-large polyester t-shirt.
● Each year, an average of 68 pounds of clothing per person is thrown away in the United States.
● Millions of adults and children work for below-poverty level wages in the global apparel industry.
SIMPLE SUSTAINABILTY: A few shirts can make a huge difference. 1000 shirts made from 100% recycled material in the US could SAVE:
● WATER: upwards of 20 million litres of water
● PETROLEUM: 500 gallons of gasoline
● CARBON EMISSIONS: Up to 12000 kg co2 emissions
● LANDFILL: Half a ton of recyclable material entering the waste stream
● JOBS: Approximately 30 full-time jobs per week
BUY A SINGLE SHIRT
For a limited time SustainU is offering a 2013 Earth Day Shirt available HERE in our web store. ONLY $10 (+s/h)